Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pen Pals ARE HERE! :)

It's time for PEN PALS!!! :)  I ask that if you decide to write a pen pal, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you are going to commit.  Several of the mom's said they had pen pals before but they would never write! :(


Here is how this works.


         I've divided up the pen pals by yahoo groups.  These are some of the yahoo group I subscribe to and it is where I advertised and found the pen pals from. I thought that would be helpful as far as to quickly see if your family has something in common with theirs.  Ambleside is one of the places I got pen pals from.  If you use their curriculum, it may be fun to have a pen pal who is doing the same thing.


          Read through the description of each child. If you find a match for your child let me know and I will send you their personal information.  Please try to drop a letter in the mail this week.  I have NOT put the child's name or address on the blog to protect their private information.  So all you will need to send me is the letter for that child.  You are MORE THAN WELCOME to have more than one pen pal!!! It might be nice to give your child those options to see which one your child will connect with.


HAVE FUN!!!!!!!


LDS HOMESCHOOL



A
Age 15
Birthday: June 28, 1996
Address: Farmington, NM 
Info: She is very bubbly and outgoing and loves to collect friends. She is very much into fashion and loves to read. She wants to be a Marine Biologist. She loves listening to music.
 
B
My daughter has been wanting a pal since we moved away from all her cousins. She would love this! And it will be great for her writing skills. Here's our info:
Age: 6
Birthday:  9/9/05
Address: Cedar City, UT 
Info: McKinley loves swimming & dolls. She loves camping & fishing. She is a really great reader & loves to read. She also loves to write & use her imagination. She loves animals - especially her 2 dogs, Tundra & Sydney.And her younger sisters - Ireland & Kezia. 
Note: My daughter has been wanting a pal since we moved away from all her cousins. She would love this! And it will be great for her writing skills.

C
Age: 4
Birthday: December 8, 2006
Address: Tooele, UT
Info: She is learning ballet. She loves camping, animals, and learning geography. She has a little brother. She's feminine and usually wears dresses or skirts instead of pants.



WORKBOX GROUP


D
Age: 9
Birthday: 7/23/02
Address: San Antonio, Tx
Info: He loves legos, dinosaurs, and super heroes.  He likes to read and draw.  He also wants to learn to play the drums  is trying to learn to pay the guitar.


*E, F, G are siblings*


E
Age: 8
Birthday Aug. 31, 2003
Address: Summerville, SC
Info: loves to read, horses, American Girl dolls, crafts


F
Age: 5
Birthday: December 2, 2005
Address: Summerville SC
Info: learning to read and write, cars, motorcycles, coloring, sports, power tools, loves being outside, typical boy. :)


G
Age: 4
Birthday: May 2, 2007
Address: Summerville SC
Info: loves cars, motorcycles, planes, power tools, being outside, typical boy. :)


E, F, G Note: Thank you so much!!!  We have signed up for penpals many a times and we have only received one letter in return :(  Praying this time is different!!!  My 8 yo writes a letter every Wednesday ad has done so since January, but no one seems to write back :(


*H and I are siblings*



H
Age: 10, 11 on November 8
Girl
Address: Brentwood, CA
Likes horses

I
Age: 8
Boy
Address: Brentwood, CA
Loves legos

J
Hi Lori. My son would like to have a Pen Pal who is 5 or so years old. My son is learning to write and this would help make it fun. He is very interested in learning about new places and is a great swimmer. I don't know what all you want to know to pair him up with someone. Let me know.
I will need to email her and she will give me the info when he is paired up with someone.

K
Age: 11
Birthday: 08/05/00
Address: Travelers Rest, SC
Info:
She LOVES animals and to read.  She is the youngest, by 10 years, of 4 girls. She is NOT a girly girl.
Notes- She will be very excited…I have tried to get her a pen-pal 3 times and it hasn’t worked out.

Ok- I can't seem to get rid of these lines on the bottom.  I'm taking a much needed break for the night and I'll post the rest on Friday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment